Jobs & Internships
JOB OPPORTUNITY: EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/ BUILDER
SPRING 2018 YMTC+ PRODUCTION OF
Next to Normal
(Director: Susannah Martin
Music Director: David Möschler)
STIPEND RANGE: $1500-$2000/ SHOW DOE
(Opportunity for expansion into year-round position.)
Load in begins April 26, 2018. Show opens May 3, 2018 and strikes May 13, 2018
- Regularly check in on process with Scenic Designer and Director and be available via email and/or phone to discuss changes as needed.
- Care for the Scenic Designer’s artistic vision, and design the technical implementation of the scenery to the specification of the Scenic Designer, bearing the final responsibility for execution of the scenic design, including meeting all deadlines as set with the Scenic Designer and Production Manager.
- Coordinate with the scenic team, including Scenic Designer and Properties Designer, in their execution of relevant scenic elements.
- Create a materials budget and, once approved by Production Manager, keep expenses within this budget.
- Organize, source and acquire scenic materials.
- Lead the build of the set in coordination with the Designer and any assistant builder(s) and scenic painter, oversee Theater Arts Apprentice students working on technical tracks— particularly set and props tracks.
- Oversee load in, tech and strike at the El Cerrito High Performing Arts Theater
- Organize, recruit and supervise hired and volunteer labor.
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: Jennifer Boesing, Producing Artistic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org